Monday, January 23, 2012

Quotation of the Week

Every week, I’ll put up a quotation related to writing or creation and tell you a little bit about the person who said it.  I’ll try to vary the speakers as much as possible.

"Before you begin to write a sentence, imagine the scene you want to paint with your words. Imagine that you are the character and feel what the character feels. Smell what the character smells, and hear with that character’s ears. For an instant, before you begin to write, see and feel what you want the reader to see and feel." - Othello Bach

There isn’t an article of Othello Bach on Wikipedia that I could find.  But I found a website of an author/songwriter, so I assume this is the same person.
Othello Bach is an author of three novels (the first being the bestselling House of Secrets).  She then turned to writing children’s books.  Her most famous is Whoever heard of a Fird?  She is also a certified hypnotherapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment