Monday, June 13, 2011

Crafting a Story : Putting it all together

In the following weeks, I’m going to put the story together that I’ve been constructing. There are a number of different steps, and I’ll list them here and start next week.

Resolution – Before anything, we need to know how the story ends so that we can know where we’re heading.

Theme – We need to establish a theme for the story (it generally makes the story stronger, and gives me an idea of how the mood should be).

Explore the secondary character more – Jasmine is still a bit underdeveloped. I’d like to expand on her a bit.

Summarize the story thus far – Just get all the events in a general order.

High concept – I want to try and create a high concept for the story; a short sentence that tells us what it is about.

This is all I can think of at the moment. I might add on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment